Privacy & Legal Policies
MyWave is committed to the protection of the personal information of its clients and will comply with its obligations towards clients under the Privacy Act 1993.
The Privacy Act controls how agencies should handle personal information. Personal information means information about an identifiable individual.
The Privacy Principles cover collection, storage and security, access and correction, accuracy, retention, and use and disclosure of personal information.
The Privacy Principles can be viewed at: https://privacy.org.nz/the-privacy-act-and-codes/privacy-principles/
- MyWave Ltd
- MyWave Holdings;
- MyWave Pty Ltd;
- MyWave Inc;
- MyWave Group Ltd;
- The above companies’ employees, including technical staff, sales and administrative staff.
Information Privacy Principles
Purpose, Source and Collection of Personal Information:
- Personal information may only be collected for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of MyWave, and where the collection of the information is necessary for that purpose.
- Personal information should be collected directly from the individual concerned.
- Personal information is considered confidential and sensitive by MyWave.
- Where MyWave collects personal information directly from the individual, the individual should be made aware of: the fact that personal information is being collected; the purpose for which the information is being collected; the intended recipients of the information including any other professionals who the personal information may be disclosed to; the name and address of the agency that is collecting the information and that will hold the information; whether the supply of information is voluntary or mandatory; the consequences (if any) for that individual if all or part of the requested information is not provided; and the right of access to, and correction of, personal information.
Protection of Personal Information:
- MyWave will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is protected by security safeguards against loss; unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure; and any other misuse.
- MyWave will ensure personal information is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant, before it is used.
- Information will not be retained for longer than is required.
Use and Disclosure:
- MyWave commits that personal information will only be used for the purpose for which is was collected, and will not be used for any other purpose without the consent of the individual concerned.
- People should be aware that personal information may be disclosed to professionals and personnel outside of MyWave, where that disclosure is necessary for the provision of services requested by them, however, MyWave will inform the person to whom it may be disclosed when collecting the personal information, and will obtain their (the person’s) consent first through the Privacy Consent form (or where the person does not consent in the Privacy Consent form, by requesting their consent in relation to the specific disclosure that is proposed to fulfil that service outcome).
- Except as stated above in relation to personnel within MyWave, and other professionals outside of MyWave, in all other respects personal information will not be used or disclosed unless:
- The information is publically available; disclosure is to the individual concerned; the use and disclosure is authorised by the individual; the use and disclosure is necessary to prevent a miscarriage of justice; the use and disclosure is necessary to prevent/lessen a serious threat to the public or an individual’s health and safety;
- The information is used and disclosed in a non-identifiable manner; or
- The use or disclosure is authorised by the Privacy Commissioner.
Access to and correction of Personal Information:
- People, generally, have the right to access any personal information MyWave holds about them. The Privacy Act outlines limited circumstances in which MyWave may be able to withhold information.
- If a person believes any of their personal information is incorrect they can request to have it corrected.